Our teamteam |tēm|
noun [treated as sing. or pl.] two or more people working together who have a shared purpose and work together to achieve
brainstrust believes that we’re none of us as smart as all of us and so we really value and nurture our team. Everyone that joins the brainstrust crew is passionate and committed about the cause, understands the direction and ethos of brainstrust and shares the responsibilities that come with this.
All hands on deck!Become part of the brainstrust community and join us. We are building a real community of DeckLog subscribers! Join our mailing list using the form on the right... Here is a snapshot of some of our crew.
Our iconOur icon is Meg Jones. Meg was diagnosed with a grade II glioma in 2004. She had successful neurosurgery in Boston, USA in the summer of 2007, aged 21. Since then she has completed her MA, married and is about to embark on a PhD. Something to do with wellheads in Venice... We think that Meg proves that there is life after brain cancer.
Our committeeOur committee includes our Trustees, founders, fundraisers, committee members and scientific advisor. Together we have wide and varied experience, each of us bringing different skill sets to brainstrust. We are very lucky to have such an excellent range of professional expertise involved to direct and facilitate the charity's management and crucially, its development.
- Catherine Fitton of Winchester, Hampshire – graphic designer. She designed our logo and typesets all our excellent newsletters, leaflets and booklets.
- Kevin Higgs of Andover, Hampshire – an independent financial planning manager and keen cyclist!
- Chris Baker – Senior Vice President of Salesforce.com, Chris brings to brainstrust a mountain of relevant personal and professional experience and expertise.
- Philip Cuff – Philip is a Director at Think Creative and brings to brainstrust his strong track record in building business brands and lead generation through the internet and traditional media.
- Dr. Helen Bulbeck – our Director, who keeps everything shipshape at HQ, coordinates events, writes newsletters, liaises with the media and provides advice to patients and their families on the telephone. Actually, it would be easier to list what she doesn’t do!
- Peter Bulbeck – administrator to the trust and co founder. Peter maintains the view from the bridge and ensures that the engine room runs smoothly. He ensures that all the charity's paperwork is in order and provides all our trust's accounting.
- Professor Geoff Pilkington advises brainstrust on a variety of topics, including advice for patients as well as information about current research. Geoff is Professor of Cellular and Molecular Neuro-oncology and Director of Research and Biomedical Sciences at the University of Portsmouth
Our supportersWe are also very privileged to have the support of our Patrons, brainstrusters, and partners, not to mention the hundreds of DeckLoggers who subscribe to our newsletter (you can subscribe too), attend events and join in to help us raise money to support brain tumour patients in the UK.
- Prof. Peter Black, MD, PhD, FACS – Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Children’s Hospital Boston and The Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Mr. Andrew McEvoy, MB, BS, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(SN)
– Consultant Neurosurgeon, National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Mr. Paul Grundy, FRCS – Consultant Neurosurgeon, Wessex Neurological Centre
- Stephen Venables - mountaineer, explorer, writer, broadcaster and public speaker, www.stephenvenables.com
- David Gower – cricketer and commentator
- Tiff Needell – racing driver and presenter
- Alan Igglesden – cricketer and patient advocate
- Andrew Norris – children's author and TV screenwriter
- Toby Jones - successful actor and writer
- Julie Walters - star of our Radio 4 appeal, and Harry Potter. Julie comes to brainstrust having experienced the effect that brain tumours can have whilst playing Mo Mowlem in the TV drama, Mo.
The Stairway team kindly provides our printed leaflets, newsletters and Christmas Cards for free
Peter Duggal and the Nativespace team kindly provide our lightning fast web hosting for free
Saying hello to a beautiful baby? againagain has a gorgeous selection of gift boxes to help.
Think Creative developed the current website and also the brain tumour hub
Argon Promotions help us with promotional activity and also offered pro-bono support for the development of our brainbox