At brainstrust we believe that none of us is as smart as all of us.
Everyone that joins brainstrust is passionate about and committed to putting the world for people living with a brain tumour, the right way.
- Dr Helen Bulbeck - Founder and Director of Services and Policy
- Peter Bulbeck - Founder and Clerk to the Trustees
- Will Jones - Director of Development
- Tessa Watson - Head of Fundraising
- Carol Cochrane - Support Specialist
- Jaqcui Cowen - Fundraiser for Grants, Trusts and Major Events
- Kathryn Marshall - Community Fundraiser
- Kim Jeffreys - Logistics and Administration
- Wil Law - Story Teller
- James Pilkington - Intern, Patient Resources
- Catherine Fitton - Designer
- Kevin Higgs - Kevin is an independent financial planning manager and keen cyclist!
- Chris Baker – Chris is the EMEA Managing Director at Concur.co.uk. He brings to brainstrust a mountain of relevant personal and professional experience and expertise
- Philip Cuff – Philip is a Director at Think Creative and brings to brainstrust his strong track record in building business brands and lead generation through the internet and traditional media
- Hannah Richardson - Hannah is the Major Gifts Manager at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) and brings to brainstrust invaluable fundraising expertise and experience
- Gillian Bilbo - Gillian is an Early Years Ofsted Inspector and she brings a listening ear to our Board
- Prof. Peter Black, MD, PhD, FACS – Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Children’s Hospital Boston and The Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Mr. Andrew McEvoy, MB, BS, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(SN) - Consultant Neurosurgeon, National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Mr. Paul Grundy, FRCS – Consultant Neurosurgeon, Wessex Neurological Centre
- Stephen Venables - mountaineer, explorer, writer, broadcaster and public speaker
Our committee includes our trustees, founders, community members, fundraisers, and scientific advisors. Together we have wide and varied experience, each of us bringing different skill sets to brainstrust.
When needed, we put our heads together to address real issues and then make positive and powerful change.
We work with leading Nurses, Scientists and clinicians from hospitals across the UK, and in the United States to ensure that we have the links and knowledge to tackle even the most complex of challenges. If you like to find out more, why not give us a call on 01983 292405.
Everyone one of our supporters is very special, but we also have a few that you might know:
- David Gower – cricketer and commentator
- Tiff Needell – racing driver and presenter
- Alan Igglesden – cricketer and patient advocate
- Andrew Norris – children's author and TV screenwriter
- Toby Jones - successful actor and writer
- Julie Walters - actress and star of our Radio 4 appeal. Julie comes to brainstrust having experienced the effect that brain tumours can have whilst playing Mo Mowlem in the TV drama, Mo
We also work with many other organisations that can help us change the world for people living with a brain tumour. Click here to see our full list of partnerships and collaborations.