At brainstrust we believe that none of us is as smart as all of us, so we really value and nurture our team.
Everyone that joins brainstrust is passionate and committed about improving things for brain tumour patients. Our team understands the direction, ambition and ethos of our organisation and shares the responsibilities that come with this.
Our committeeOur committee includes our Trustees, founders, fundraisers, committee members and scientific advisors. Together we have wide and varied experience, each of us bringing different skill sets to brainstrust. We are very lucky to have such an excellent range of professional expertise involved to direct and facilitate the charity's management and crucially, its development.
- Catherine Fitton of Winchester, Hampshire – graphic designer. She designed our logo and typesets all our excellent newsletters, leaflets and booklets.
- Kevin Higgs of Andover, Hampshire – an independent financial planning manager and keen cyclist!
- Chris Baker – Senior Vice President of Salesforce.com, Chris brings to brainstrust a mountain of relevant personal and professional experience and expertise.
- Philip Cuff – Philip is a Director at Think Creative and brings to brainstrust his strong track record in building business brands and lead generation through the internet and traditional media.
- Dr. Helen Bulbeck – our Director of Services, who makes sure that everything we do is in the interests of brain tumour patients and carers.
- Peter Bulbeck – administrator to the trust and co founder. Peter ensures that the engine room runs smoothly. He ensures that all the charity's paperwork is in order and provides all our trust's accounting.
We work with leading Nurses, Scientists and clinicans from hospitals across the UK, and in the United States to ensure that we have the links and knowledge to call upon to tackle even the most complex of challenges. If you like to find out more, why not give us a call on 01983 292405.
Our supportersWe are also very privileged to have the support of our Patrons, brainstrusters, and partners, not to mention the hundreds of DeckLoggers who subscribe to our newsletter (you can subscribe too), attend events and join in to help us raise money to support brain tumour patients in the UK.
- Prof. Peter Black, MD, PhD, FACS – Professor of Neurosurgery, Harvard Medical School, Children’s Hospital Boston and The Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Mr. Andrew McEvoy, MB, BS, BSc(Hons), MD, FRCS(Eng), FRCS(SN)
– Consultant Neurosurgeon, National Hospital of Neurology and Neurosurgery
- Mr. Paul Grundy, FRCS – Consultant Neurosurgeon, Wessex Neurological Centre
- Stephen Venables - mountaineer, explorer, writer, broadcaster and public speaker, www.stephenvenables.com
- David Gower – cricketer and commentator
- Tiff Needell – racing driver and presenter
- Alan Igglesden – cricketer and patient advocate
- Andrew Norris – children's author and TV screenwriter
- Toby Jones - successful actor and writer
- Julie Walters - star of our Radio 4 appeal, and Harry Potter. Julie comes to brainstrust having experienced the effect that brain tumours can have whilst playing Mo Mowlem in the TV drama, Mo.
The Stairway team kindly provides our printed leaflets, newsletters and Christmas Cards for free
Peter Duggal and the Nativespace team kindly provide our lightning fast web hosting for free
Saying hello to a beautiful baby? againagain has a gorgeous selection of gift boxes to help.
Think Creative developed the current website and also the brain tumour hub
Argon Promotions help us with promotional activity and also offered pro-bono support for the development of our brainbox