Independence at Home


Financial support


What it does

If you have a long-term illness or a disability and need help towards the cost of adaptations, equipment or other things to help you to manage at home, and which are not available from public funds, then Independence at Home may be able to help. You will need to find someone from the Health or Social Care Team who has been professionally involved with your care, to refer you to Independence at Home. The most usual referrers are social workers; occupational therapists; specialist nurses; disability and health advice workers; or key workers from other major charities. There may be other professional people who are willing to act as your referrer. Independence at Home are happy to talk to you on the phone if you need advice on who to choose.


Independence at Home

Contact details

Independence at Home, 4th Floor, Congress House
14 Lyon Road
Telephone: 020 8427 7929